In last week’s newsletter, we talked about how to prevent period leaks.
But what if you haven’t figured out your perfect period alternative yet or forgot your extra period panties at home?
Boom, there is a little red circle on your clothes now. What to do now?
FEEL NO SHAME
I know, I know – it is easier said than done, but try not to be embarrassed if you have had a leak while in public – it has happened to the majority of us!
Wrap a sweater or cardigan around your waist for an easy solution.
Bonus tip: always keep a spare pair of period undies or trousers on hand for those heavy days.
Let us now concentrate on attempting to save your favourite clothes and bedding after the leak. Try these stain removal tips, and you’ll be a pro in no time.
1. Soak the item in cold water (cold water is required because we don’t want to “bake” the stain in with warm water).
2. Apply a bar of soap to the stain.
3. Rub in liquid laundry detergent.
4. Wash in warm water.
1. Make a pre-soaking solution of cold water and laundry detergent.
2. Let the item soak in it for an hour.
3. Before washing, use colour-safe bleach.
Before washing the item in question, soak for a few hours or overnight in water mixed with bleach-free detergent and a bit of ammonia.
Hopefully, these tips will help you leak-proof your life! Catch you next week. 🙂